Saturday, January 18, 2014

Personal Encounter

 "I know "kofi" (if that's even his real name?). he basically did the same shit to ***** & I, but we only realized he whole persona was a lie a few months after. my roommate had to leave for ny last minute & i had to find someone in a rush to move in. i found kofi on craigslist (so stupid of me not to do a background check). his ad seemed really cool & impressive, i didn't have time to keep looking so i accepted him into my 2-bedroom loft to split rent. yup, he also told us he was the grandson of kofi annan & had something to do with debeers.I go to the philippines every christmas, so that year I had to leave kofi in the loft alone. he thought he was some sort of movie director & put ads on craigslist stating he was holding auditions for some film. a bunch of people were coming through our place for the auditions, I ended up making friends with a few of them. so when I left for the philippines for the holidays, they were telling me weird shit he was saying to them.. like he owned that loft & I was his ex from a long time ago in harvard & I was just staying there temporarily. he also told them my dad was the president of the philippines (which was fucking stupid cos the president at that time was a woman hahaha). so that's when I started clicking that something was up.before we knew kofi was a fraud..

at one point after a night out, both ***** & I's credit cards went missing. we freaked out the next morning, told kofi about it. then we were getting so worried we got to the point where we were gonna call the cops. kofi disappears somewhere then comes back with an envelope saying someone turned our cards in! so, in hindsight we realize he probably freaked out about the cops being involved & getting caught, so we were saved & he never actually got the chance to run our cards. thank god.

he always paid rent but always in some sketchy way, like getting money via western union or using his "ex-girlfriend's" card. he kept renting really flashy cars from beverly hills with this card as well.

sometimes ***** & I would play this trivia drinking game & we'd always be weirded out that this graduate from harvard didn't know jackshit about the simplest, most common knowledge trivia.of course it all came together eventually, especially after I was told the lies he was saying about me.. I got back from the philippines & was pretty scared living with a sociopath. I told my dad I needed to cut my lease short asap & move out. I told kofi he needed to move out asap cos my parents were sending me back to the philippines. after some struggle, he finally agreed to move out. "

No comments:

Post a Comment